Bike Garage is now switching to a closed workshop, with repairs being carried out behind closed doors. This is in accordance with the latest government advice.
We are offering a local collection and delivery. This is a service for our local customers, being limited to residents of the Hope Valley. With 4 collection slots available each day bookable online or by phone.
To ensure the safety of our staff and customers, all payments will be taken over the phone.
In line with the National Park, county council and local recreational landowners discouraging visits to the Peak District from afar by tourists and holidaymakers, we are not currently offering bike hire.
Please call us rather than visiting the shop.
We would like to thank all of our customers for your continued support and calls to check in with us.
Bike Garage has carefully reviewed the Government’s advice and guidance with regards to Covid-19. Their strategy is to slow down the transmission of the virus ensuring the healthcare system can cope whilst protecting the vulnerable and elderly. It is also vital to keep the economy going and ensure all businesses large and small carry on being able to provide support and employment for their staff and goods and services for their customers for as long as it is safe and appropriate to do so.
- So with that in mind, Bike Garage is open for business at the time of writing but we have also put in place a strategy to ensure we follow all appropriate guidance and put the safety and well-being of our customers and staff at the forefront of everything we do.
- We are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers and will review best practice regularly, daily if necessary.
- We are vigorously implementing the highest standards we practically can of transmission prevention in the store including, for instance, regular cleaning of all frequent hand-touch points such as the PDQ (Card payment) machines and the counter area.
- Our staff will observe the 2-metre distance rule from customers and colleagues as much as practically possible.
- Hand washing facilities are available and all our staff have committed to wash hands thoroughly at least every hour.
- You can be assured of a warm welcome as ever when you enter the shop but we ask you to respect our policy of no shaking of hands or physical contact.
- If any of our customers are feeling unwell, we ask you not to come to the store until you have recovered.
We are also able to offer free of charge bike collection & delivery service locally and a small charge to cover fuel for those further away. If you would like your bike serviced please contact us phone 01433 659345 or email us email@example.com to discuss further.
We have been speaking to many of our friends who also run small businesses to look at other ways of supporting each other at this time.
In the meantime, keeping fit and active is something you can do safely and within the current guidelines for social distancing and self-isolation if you are in a vulnerable group. There are few more rewarding ways of doing that than cycling so keep pedalling, keep safe and we look forward to seeing you soon.